We will begin accepting submissions again in August 2012. Any material sent before this date will be recycled.
Please include a cover letter, as well as a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) along with your submission. All unused manuscripts will be recycled.
While we do accept simultaneous submissions, we ask that you indicate in your cover letter that the manuscript has been submitted elsewhere and that you notify us ASAP if it is accepted by another publication. Although we would love to comment on all manuscripts, the volume we receive precludes us from doing so. But please know that each submission is read carefully and given thoughtful consideration.
At this time, we do not accept electronic submissions or previously published material.
Packingtown Review reads submissions year round and our response time is approximately three months. If you have not received a response after three months, please send an email query.
- Send three to five poems. Do not exceed ten pages of single-spaced verse.
- Fiction, Scholarship, and Non-Fiction
- Send up to 8,000 words (or 30 pages) of double-spaced prose. Please list name and page number on each page of the submission. For scholarship, please submit your work in accordance with The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Send up to 40 pages of playwriting or screenwriting (excerpts or completed scripts) for consideration. Work need not stand alone. Please list name and page number on each page of the submission.
- Please provide the original text with your English translation. Also procure publication rights from the original author or authors estate. See above for genre guidelines.
- Packingtown Review is currently accepting submissions of original artwork. All submissions will be considered for publication in the journal, on the cover, and on our website. Please include up to 5 pieces, the title of each, and a brief autobiographical statement.
- Photography: We accept color or black & white prints of any dimension. Please send a print of the photo to the address below, or submit a jpeg, pdf, or gif file in the body of an e-mail (not as an attachment). We do not accept negatives. After reviewing your submission, we will contact you if changes in size or format are required.
- Artwork: Please send a color photograph of your artwork to the address below, or submit a jpeg, pdf, or gif file in the body of an e-mail (not as an attachment). Please do not submit original artwork, as it will not be returned. After reviewing your submission, we will contact you if changes in size or format are required.
Please send all work to:
111 S Lincoln St
Batavia, IL 60510
E-mail (for artwork and queries)